Dante card patching not patching

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Dante card patching not patching

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tech Arts Jon
    Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

So, previous routing works. Audio is sending. But, if I go into IO and patch something different to a Dante output, the IO screen shows it, but Dante controller shows no change. The previous audio routing persists. Dante works, but the communication or routing between the C3500 and it’s Dante card doesn’t seem to be working properly. Any tips to rectify this?

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

You shouldn’t expect to see any changes in Dante Controller when patching on the dLive. You need to patch things in Dante controller as well.

If I am not understanding you correctly and you are already doing that, then make sure the dLive firmware is up to date in case this is one of the newer Dante cards that require v1.97.

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

My patching on the Dante side is fine. This is on the dlive IO side. For instance, routing matrix 2 to Dante output 50. Previously, there was an input routed directly to 50. Changing it to the matrix, shows the proper box selected on the grid on the dlive. Issue is, I’m still hearing the original input on the other end. It seems as though none of the routings to the Dante card are changing on the dlive. We have the 64×64 Dante card that we got back in 2018 with our c3500. I’ll double check that out firmware is up to date. Our Dante devices did get a bunch of updates recently, so I’ll make sure the dlive Dante card didn’t just level up ahead of the console.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Dante Controller would show you the device as “Needs Update” if there is an update available.

Can you show us some screenshots of the Dante Controller and the dLive I/O screen, please?

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

To be clear, the dante card was already up-to-date. dLive console was on 1.9. I have updated it to 1.97 but still behaves the same. All routing via dante controller works fine. Not the issue. The issue is what I route within the IO page on the dLive console. While the checkboxes are properly filling where I tap, audio is not actually changing on the dante option card. Audio is passing to the card, but it’s old routing from some time back. So, the card is not responding properly to the dLive, or the dLive is not properly updating the route to the card.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArJ8m_aJRXG2hbklyTNwskS0xkASWg?e=oSuFB1
    The labeled images at this shared photo link show this…
    The channel I’m using to demonstrate is a Matrix feed to a cry room. You can see in the photos that there is audio on that channel. Photos show the cry room matrix routed to dante output 50. You will see in dante controller that channel 50 shows no audio signal. I hear nothing in the cry room speakers fed by the AmpRoom4 output.
    To Further Demonstrate, I removed routing of two channels “lobiPod” from dante outputs 57 and 58. Looking over at dante controller afterwards, you still see the audio passing to 57 and 58.
    Do ya’ smell what I’m stepping in?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Can you reproduce the same with a template Show file? If you back up your Show, load a template Show, and route a sine wave out to I/O Port 4 (Dante) ch 50, does it reach the intended destination and register as signal present in Dante Controller?

If not, please get in touch with our Support team at support.allen-heath.com with the link to the screenshots, a copy of your Show file, and references to this thread. We’d definitely be interested in looking into this.

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

I’ll give it a try Saturday or Monday and let you know.

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

Did some testing today based on your input. Switching between scenes produced the same issue. Switching to a different show file got the dante card working properly again. So, is it possible to load a scene file from one show file and load it into another? I see the option to store show files to a usb drive, but how about scenes? I’d rather not have to rebuild our whole show from the ground up. Many weeks/months of fine tuning to get what we are using right now.
    I mean, it’s good practice and all, to start over.. but.. ya’ know.

THANKS!!!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Read the manual chapter 7.6 🙄

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

Aye, looks like copy/paste works between shows. Just gotta make sure the mixer config is set first. I’m up and running! Thanks, y’all!

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

Soooooo, it’s doing it again. I’m showing a matrix routed to Dante out 62 on the console. Dante controller shows transmit 62 not registering an audio signal. I can confirm there’s audio on that matrix and it’s not muted. To further test, I routed a different matrix (our Livestream mix) to that Dante output on the dlive. Still not seeing activity shown on Dante controller. It worked earlier this week. No changes. Did my show file get corrupted again?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Do you have virtual sound check set to Record Send, and if so are there any channel conflicts there?

Tech Arts Jon
    Participant

Yes, it was set to record send and multitracks were recording throughout the service. At a glance, I saw tracks being written and waveforms drawn. I can look back at those tracks tomorrow to see if anything was missing. I’ll also look again for any issues on other channels flagged in control. The channels I’m routing to the cry room and such aren’t one of the ones being recorded. But even if it were, shouldn’t be a problem sending to two locations. Controll wasn’t showing anything on the dlive’s danten transmit (little speaker icon wasn’t green). Is there something specific you want me to check for?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Just make sure there isn’t something funny going on with how things are being routed. I forgot I had it set to record send once and it took me a minute to figure out why kick drum was coming up vocal inserts.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Dave is correct, when Record Send is active, the patch to the Dante I/O Port is overwritten by the Virtual Soundcheck patch (by default, 1:1 of all Inputs, straight from their preamps). Does disabling Virtual Soundcheck (set to Inactive) fix your Matrix patch to Dante?
    If not, the next step would be to send your show file with a ticket to support.allen-heath.com to see if the team can reproduce it here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.