Crash and frozen screen

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Crash and frozen screen

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of junior junior 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

For the first time, I had a console crash with frozen screen, blocked LEDs, only the SQ drive continued to play.
    The faders moved 3 seconds late after a page change. Clean extinction impossible, forced to cut by the power button.
    Unable to save my scene.
    The problem arose after choosing an equalizer curve in the library.
    I have the latest software version 1.5.1

is there a way to do a soft reset?

Impossible to redo the problem

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

No softreset as far as I know.

What do you exactly mean by console crash? Did the music continue to play? Then, only the surface control crashed…bad enough, I know. Do you have an iPad or something to remotely control your mixer? That way you could end the gig, by mixing with the mixpad app.

Cheers,
    Adnre´

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Hello everyone! Saturday I had the same locking experience. The console locked everything, only the audio continued, all the buttons, the screen, the faders, I went to the mixpad to try to control the console for her but nothing worked. I had to send the band to stop the show to turn off the SQ and get back to work. In 2 hours of show the console stopped twice. I have worked with several consoles from other brands and this has never happened to me. Remembering that I have the update 1.5.1

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @jb07 and @junior

Sorry that you both appear to have experienced a similar, if not the same issue here.
    Please contact us using http://support.allen-heath.com with details about your setups (including what you had connected and perhaps a copy of the show folder) and let us know what you were doing at the time that the freeze occurred if you can remember (SQ-Drive, RTA on PEQ, remote app control etc…) so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

I tried several times to recreate the problem: impossible.
    What I can say is that I was playing a 16 track file on the SQ-Drive, Ipad connected, and I wanted to put a “Vocal Female” EQ on a track.
    I am discovering the console, I test it in all directions and it has crashed only once.

Jérôme

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

In my case I was in the middle of a live show, recording on a 120MB SSD in 48k recording 26 tracks and I was also using a samsung tablet via mipad. It all happened when I went to use the EQ to correct a vocal

Profile photo of D3F
    D3F
    Participant

What WiFi router do you use?
    Is it 2.4GHz ?

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Roteador TP link TL-WR841HP(BR) 300 Mbps 2,4Ghz The same one I used since I bought my SQ and it never happened before

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.