CQ20B Power On!

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting CQ20B Power On!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mfusa mfusa 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alvaroguitarplayer
    alvaroguitarplayer
    Participant

Hello
    I see an option on CQMIX to power off mixer, but what if I need to power on again, do I need to disconnect and connect power cable again?

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes or use a power strip with switch to do the same.

Profile photo of BEGRAFX
    BEGRAFX
    Participant

My church just bought a CQ-20B, and I’m still learning all the particulars of it. It will basically sit for 6 out of 7 days; but having to unplug/replug the power cord suggests to me that A&H doesn’t consider that “the way to go”. Should I just leave it run, or should I power it off from the app, and then unplug it each time, or what is “best practice” with this mixer?

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

Just recieved my CQ20B and I just realized the issue of a powered device having no physical “power on switch”. My power strip is powering everything music making and constant use esential to leave on at all times, hard to even get to the under work desk power strip. Never had this issue before as every thing else has the physical power switch such as my studio computer. Dedicating a stand alone power strip switch for “power on purpose only is far from ideal. Unplugging and plugging in a power cord on a full power strip is not good. Every time a power connector is unplugged and plugged back it naturally loosens the critical power connection. A bit of an oversight maybe in design where just for starters getting it to turn on is a bit of a challange. Once it is actually powered up, I have been fairly impressed so far, but the effort to power it up when normally we just flip a switch is as if it was a shop plugin power tool that does not get daily use. Even then there are power triggers on power tools. A no power cord interface, no hastle, physically added power switch would be nice.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

I’m sure the feature suggestion is helpful for the A&H team longterm but, for your immediate issue, a suggested workaround I have is to use any of the multitude of remote controlled power outlets that are on the market for relatively cheap money. There are wifi controlled ones or ones with dedicated buttons (like the Loratap Mini Remote Control Outlet).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.