Confusion over SQ multitrack file names

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Confusion over SQ multitrack file names

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ioTon ioTon 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

Folks, I’m having a rather frustrating discussion with one of the A&H Tech Support people, so maybe someone here can help.

I’ve attached Page 98 of the most recent Issue (Issue 5) of the SQ Reference Guide v1.5 for your convenience.

On Page 98, under the Chapter 13.2 Multitrack Recording and Playback, we find these sentences:

Up to sixteen 96kHz or up to thirty-two 48kHz, 24bit mono uncompressed PCM *.wav files are recorded – with naming based on the USB channel i.e. ‘TRK01.WAV’, ‘TRK02.WAV’…
    The name of the recorded SQ channel is stored as the ‘Track Name’ of the file.

I would simply like to know 1) What does the phrase “The name of the recorded SQ channel” mean? and 2) WHERE the name of the recorded SQ channel is stored as the “Track Name’ of the file? This sentence SEEMS to be contrary to the sentence just preceding it.

Could someone please enlighten me? Before I pull the few remaining hairs out of my head?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@irabob

I did respond in the thread here – https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/qu-drive-compatible-usb-device-database/page/33

But regarding the naming specifically –

The file names are TRK01, TRK02 etc…
    Whereas ‘Track Name’ is one of the meta data fields for audio files.

When looking at the files in the folder then, they are labelled ‘TRK**’ which is how SQ Drive knows where to route them on playback.

If you open them with most media players though, or simply look at their properties, you will see the ‘track name’ or ‘track title’ is the name of the channel or socket you recorded.

Thanks,
    Keith

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Have a look at metadata

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.