Confused by I/O recall with Scenes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Confused by I/O recall with Scenes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi community
    I’m a bit confused by the recall of patching with Scene recall and Global and Active Filters
    What I’m trying to do is to simplify using my desk during recording sessions.

– When in “Record mode” I want to take my inputs from my local and Slink expander I/O and send a Post PreAmp direct out via tie-line to USB.
    – When in “Playback mode” I want to re-route the inputs so that they take input from the USB and drop the tieline send to USB

I have saved input patch libraries for these two cases from the I/O page: one called Record and 1 called Playback and I can recall them and they work. But I have go into the I/O page and click through to them to set them and it’s a bit fiddly.

So what I thought I could do was is set up two scenes: 1 Playback and 1 Record with the applicable patching on each and recall them.
    But that doesn’t work. The Patching is “safe”when I change the scenes… and remains unchanged
    Can I make it change when I change the scenes? I have read the manual but I’t not working quite as I expected I guess

Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Andy

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Andy,

Do you have the Preamp filter set to Block?
    This includes Preamp settings of input channels and socket routing (patching).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H
    Thank you very much– as always Keith, yes you are right: I had the Preamp set to Block and having it in Allow did what I was looking for.

I must say that this is an area of the User Guide that is perhaps not quite as clear as other sections.
    But I just found your session on Youtube about this topic so I will watch that this eve 🙂
    Sharing link here for others: https://www.youtube.com/live/aZXhh8WTxP0?si=rUrykQR-oH-ixWwj

Thanks Keith
    It’s a great mixer the SQ btw 🙂

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.