Compressor on FX send?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Compressor on FX send?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ma Ma 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

Hi, this may be a bit of a rare request, but for me it would be really useful if there was an option for adding a compressor to an fx send channel. So, before it goes into the fx, the sound could be compressed. I use this trick a lot for voice amplification with reverb, to make a nice reverb that doesn’t explode when the singers reach out (opera style). It is quite hard to accomplish this in the SQ bus structure..

Cheers & thanks,
    Wouter

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hey Wouter,

The FX send busses are purely for routing, and have no processing (though of course returns have PEQ), but what you’re wanting to do here isn’t too rare, and is a great technique!
    It’s possible to accomplish with the available SQ architecture and processing too.
    You just need to feed the reverb FX unit from an Aux (as a Mix->Return), then you can make use of all the mix processing (including compressor) pre-FX.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Ma
    Ma
    Participant

What was the reason for not allowing processing of a FX Return? It’s feeding where I want it to go already, why not make it ready to go from there? Wouldn’t your suggestion burn a Mix bus, which is already extremely limited??? Please allow compression on FX Returns at least!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.