CMOS batteries in iLive racks?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting CMOS batteries in iLive racks?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kevin-Kinchin Kevin-Kinchin 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

I have a question about what types of iLive devices have CMOS batteries. I know that the touchscreen computers in the surfaces have them (and I’ve changed a couple), but if I go to the Date/Time screen on a surface I see a separate date/time listed for each component (the touchscreen, the surface, the mix rack, and in my case the xDR-16 expander). That would seem to suggest that each one has its own clock (and thus presumably its own battery). However, the one xDR-16 I’ve had open I never saw a battery, and I’ve never seen a thread referencing changing batteries in anything except the touchscreen computer.

So can anyone confirm if iLive components besides the touchscreen computer have a battery? If so, any guidance on where inside those batteries are?

Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if I remember correctly, racks (mix-racks and expanders) have no batteries

Profile photo of Kevin-Kinchin
    Kevin-Kinchin
    Participant

The mix racks have a rechargeable battery soldered into the main board. I have my IDR48 apart at the moment to give it a service. the battery is the green thing on the bottom right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.