Click routing confusion

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Click routing confusion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of drummist67 drummist67 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of drummist67
    drummist67
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve just bought a CQ20B and absolutely love but I’m very confused about a particular problem I’m trying to figure out. I can’t work out how to record drums to a stereo track using the USB A without also recording the click track or backing track I’m playing along to.

I have my drums mic’d on inputs 1 to 7 and my click or backing track into ST IN. The drums are routed to Main LR but however I try to route the click track to a different Out, it still gets recorded. Does the routing of the click happen within the CQ20B “in the box” or do I need to physicallly route the click to a separate output with . The more I think it through, the more confused I’m getting.

Please could anybody here walk me through a dummies guide to how I should be routed to monitor the MAIN LR mix of the drums and the click from the ST IN but not record the click?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

Profile photo of BloodyCactus
    BloodyCactus
    Participant

Please could anybody here walk me through a dummies guide to how I should be routed to monitor the MAIN LR mix of the drums and the click from the ST IN but not record the click?

all inputs go to main l/r.

what you can do is send to an AUX, and set the aux to pre-fader in config. then in the send channels, set them to 0db full send to the aux. this decouples the fader control from main l/r, so turn the fader all the way down to off. its now removed from main, but still sending to the aux, and you can control the aux fader volume there.

this way you can record main (get drums + no click) or record aux (drums + click) etc.

Profile photo of drummist67
    drummist67
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give that go and let you know how I get on. I appreciate your help. Thank you
    Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.