Corrupt Files – Multitrack Recording to QU-Drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Corrupt Files – Multitrack Recording to QU-Drive

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Spike Spike 2 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Spike
    Spike
    Participant

So I’ve had to remove the desk from our studio installation due to it recording corrupted files to the Qu-Drive.

Before it was installed, the Drive was formatted to the desk and it’s a Sandisk Extreme 1TB SSD with 1050mp/s read and write speed. We edit 4K videos directly off similar drives, so shouldn’t be an issue there.

But last week, we had a session when some of the multitrack files were corrupted. We only had microphones in channels 1, 2 and 3, but only tracks 1, 2 were recorded successfully, as well as 17 and 18 which were the stereo left and right. I could see all tracks on the hard-drive, and all had a decent size. Track 3 just didn’t play, and couldn’t be recovered using various methods.

We made sure the drive had finished processing before removing it. We then ran a few tests, we did a 30 minute recording which was absolutely fine, all tracks present. Then another 30 minute recording, opened the drive on Mac and couldn’t see any of the multitrack recordings. I then opened the drive on an older Mac “Ventura” and I could see the files, again with a decent size, but they were corrupted.

Then reformatted the whole thing and tried again. 5 minute recording fine, 30 minute recording fine, then another 30 minute recording was fine. Then we left it 1.5 hours, and the same issue accorded. There was no error message on screen, we made sure the files had finished processing and I’m a bit lost.

Any ideas anyone?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.