Burned by Apple Auto-Update – Restore previous version?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Burned by Apple Auto-Update – Restore previous version?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oracle/Steve
    Oracle/Steve
    Participant

To all the Apple purists out there I’m sorry…I really hate Apple. I bought an i-pad just to be able to run the QU-Pad app since it can’t run on an Android tablet. I didn’t know squat about Apple & now I’ve been burned.

The app got updated to Version 1.81 sometime last week and as I have not updated the Qu-32 from Version 1.7 the app no longer works. I didn’t know I had to manually turn auto updates OFF, and there doesn’t seem to be any way of protecting just one app. This really sucks.

Anyway, I have searched and searched the archives here, but can’t find an answer to this rather basic question:

Is there any way to download and install version 1.7 of the QU-Pad app from anywhere?

The Apple store shows previous versions, but does not allow you to select them for download.

I really hadn’t planned on updating the board yet as I read there were some problems with the release and wanted to wait until everything is truly stable & bug free. (That, and I REALLY don’t feel like being forced to mess with a password every time I start the board up).

TIA

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Do the latest up date Steve
    It works fine!
    And I do not use a password everytime I turen on the board?
    Sometimes its just easier to go with the flow instead against the tide.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No problems. Just update the console to 1.82.

Profile photo of spevs
    spevs
    Participant

I’ve been using new update on both qu24 and iPad. All works fine.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

In this instance I think it’s a safe upgrade.

For future go to settings….
    Then iTunes & App Store

Then turn off Updates…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.