Avantis Waves to Sq5

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis Waves to Sq5

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BC BC 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BC
    BC
    Participant

So we have Avantis & Waves Soundgrid. Recently purchased SQ5 with 2nd slink for stream & me1. How can I Tie line from GigaAce on Avantis to sq5 but still have Waves fx to sq5 but nothing else so I can mix stream on SQ5 but have the Waves from Avantis in the stream?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

We need more information. What is plugged into your built in ports on both consoles (stage boxes, etc)? Other than the Avantis Waves card and the SQ Slink card (I assume this is what you mean when you say “SQ with 2nd SLink”), do you have any other expansion cards?

Once you create a connection between the SQ and the Avantis, it should be relatively easy to route anything to anywhere. So if you want to use some Waves channels on the SQ, you should be able to route them through the Avantis using Tie-lines as you suggested. It all happens in the routing pages of each console. The larger question is how are you going to connect the two systems together. Via GigaAce? Waves? – in either case you’ll probably need to buy the appropriate expansion card (either a Waves card for the SQ, or a GigaAce card for the Avantis), but it is impossible to give accurate advice because we don’t know where the stageboxes are plugged into and therefore don’t know how the built in ports are being used.

Profile photo of BC
    BC
    Participant

Dx168 to GigaAce on Avantis as well as waves module thru waves server & soundgrid channel to channel then out slink to built in slink on sq5 tie lined to expansion slink module to me1. Mains to stream which is where I’d like control of waves plugins as well. I get 32 channels from Avantis with FOH controlled channels into sq5.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.