Avantis v1.21 has just been released

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis v1.21 has just been released

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hey Team!

We’ve just released a new maintenance firmware update.

Avantis 1.21

Download it! – https://www.allen-heath.com/avantis/#firmware

Read about it! – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Avantis-Release-Notes-V1.21.pdf

Profile photo of dmb@stl
    dmb@stl
    Participant

Can we skip V1.13 released in February 2022 for V1.21 released August 2022,
    Or is it good practice to update each version?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

There is no problem going straight to V1.21.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of BradWalker
    BradWalker
    Participant

Hi Jack and Alex,

Is a corresponding update to the Director, MixPad, and OneMix apps required? I don’t want to update the desk and get out of sync on the other devices…

Thanks!
    Brad

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Director certainly needs to be updated to 1.21 (which is available). I’m not sure about the MixPad and OneMix, but I assume those would need to be updated as well and likely available for download.

I use Mixing Station Pro and it will warn you that the firmware versions are not matching the app version, but at least with 1.21 you can still connect and everything seems to work fine. When we went to 1.20 (from 1.12 or whatever the old version was), the Mixing Station Pro app wouldn’t even connect until the app was updated which took a couple of weeks. Keep in mind that Mixing Station is not associated with Allen and Heath in any way, and the developer has to make the appropriate changes to his app after the firmware is released and he can figure out what needs to be changed. So the delay is expected. I’m just glad that the 1.21 update was small enough that it doesn’t seem to effect the usability of the Mixing Station app.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi @bradwalker,

As @brian mentioned, the Director version needs to match the console. However, the MixPad and OneMix version only needs to match the major version.

For example:
    MixPad/OneMix 1.20 will work with Avantis 1.21
    MixPad/OneMix 1.10 will not work with Avantis 1.21

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.