All Mics crackling/leaking

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting All Mics crackling/leaking

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shortygordy
    shortygordy
    Participant

Hello! I’m working with my Avantis at my church. Generally, it does well. However, at times, completely randomly, it seems like all the microphones (no instruments) begin to have a random crackling sound only when spoken through. It almost sounds like having a really low buffer size in a DAW, so it doesn’t sound so much “analog” per se, rather, quite digital in nature. I have to mention that some mics are wireless, most are wired, and none are exempt from this crackling.

In addition to that, the REAL brain teaser here, is that I’ve got a few talk back mics in the band that are not sent to house, only to in ears. And during those crackling moments, it sounds like those mics leak into the house somehow!! How is that even possible? I quadruple checked them and verified that they are not sent ANYWHERE except the IEMs. This is further verified by the fact that during normal operation, they are heard nowhere except the ears.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
    Dima

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

We need more information about your setup.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

That isn’t normal behavior and I struggle to even think of a way that could happen. Therefore I would suggest you contact the official A&H support (via the official website) and/or the distributor for your country. They can help you troubleshoot the problem. It’s possible it’s a hardware/software issue that you aren’t going to fix yourself, in which case you’ll need to work with the distributor to get it repaired.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.