AHM-16 Audio Not Passing To Crossover Outputs

Forums Forums Other A&H products AHM-16 Audio Not Passing To Crossover Outputs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BradWalker BradWalker 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BradWalker
    BradWalker
    Participant

I have an AHM-16 as the speaker processor for a flown QSC KLA installation. Setting up crossover filters on independent zones for Left and Right Mains, a separate zone for Main flown Left and Right subs, and another zone for a set of Danley floor subwoofers centered under front of stage. Separate zones from the mixer for independent filters and delay, and being able to use different filters per zone is a must to get this system glued together.

The 1-way crossover option is what I’m hoping to use to get the filters. Easy to set up the routing and assign the physical outputs to the xover output, but no audio. It works fine when I assign it to the full-range output, but then the xover filters are not active. This is consistent when swapping input output channels, so it’s something I’m doing wrong in setting up the AHM-16. But I can’t see what other options there are, and it seems like it _should_ just work.

I’ve spent a day on it making sure my cabling and routing is correct, but no joy. I took out the crossover (“0” crossovers) filters, and am just using PEQ HPF/LPF filters to get on with it and get the system gain structure roughed in, but it’s certainly not as refined as I need.

Any secret setting I’m missing, or a better approach to handling this basic functionality? I’m stumped!

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

I would have to see screen shots of your zones page, with a signal applied to relevant inputs to make any comment.
    I have recently installed AHM32 as down stream processing for our church Avantis, using 1 band crossovers and the whole system worked perfectly first attempt. I did all the programming off line on AHM Manager app and loaded it straight onto the already installed unit no problems!

BradWalker
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Highflyer1953! I’ll be back tomorrow at the project where this is installed, and will take some screenshots for you. It must be something simple, and I’ll be happy to have a D’oh moment when you point it out.

Thanks!
    Brad

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

Hi Brad,

In the zone output you can hover over each processor block to “Listen” to it (PFL) if you open a new window and see the analyser you can check where the audio stops.

ps are you sure you are sending the right signal to the right output (Not sub out to the tops?) as if this would result in no audio as the speakers are unable to produce the freq. range?

If you are still stuck send the config file to support (Or ask your supplier to help) to have it checked.

BradWalker
    Participant

Schedule changes meant getting to the church yesterday, not Monday. Here are some pictures for the eagle eyes:

Crossover block and output assignment screenshots, also zone assignments, crosspoint routing. This crossover filter is for a line of KLA12 for a simple high-pass filter. No signal shown on the output meter, and no audio on the XOver block assigned to local output 1. All I have to do is assign it to the full-range output and it passes audio.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BradWalker
    Participant

For more information, here’s the eight outputs in use at the moment, and what I had to do with the PEQ to approximate a subwoofer crossover so I could at least get the SMAART phase and magnitude in the ballpark.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

I cannot spot anything wrong in your screenshots. As Martijn suggested, please store your Config file and send it to our Support team at support.allen-heath.com so we can load it on a unit and try to reproduce the issue.

BradWalker
    Participant

I dressed a bunch of cabling in the back of the processor rack yesterday, and in the process rearranged the I/O for the AHM-16. This meant that I needed to do some testing to verify everything got plugged into the right places again.

During testing I found that x-over outputs 4-8 all worked as expected, and it was just the first three that didn’t. A little bit more testing showed me that the problem stayed with those three physical channels only.

On the AHM-16 at least, the I/O boards are in three-channel blocks. I think it’s possible I’m looking at a hardware problem, so I guess it’s time to file a service ticket.

AARGH

BradWalker
    Participant

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the reply. I just sent the .cfg to Alex. Hopefully it reveals the mystery!
    Brad

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.