Again… Bug in "Media Player"

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Again… Bug in "Media Player"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi,
    I thought, I did everything correct…

1. Removed all special characters from file names
    2. converted everything to 48k/24Bit (Playback in general works, so no problem here)
    3. placed files in the correct folder
    4. copied the files in the correct order to the directory

… the “File Browser” shows crap:

See first picture: The Browser show files which are not even existing
    See 2nd picture: After first occurance of the “non-existing-file” the browser shows 4 entries repeatedly

The directory has around 250-300 files, the browser seem to show the first — i dont know maybe 200 files correctly, then the behaviour gets odd… The “last Files” of my directory are not shown at all, only as you can see in the screen shot the repetition of the 4 files till the end (end of memory?)

Please A&H provide basic bugfixes so that the player is at least usable under its lots of limitations.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@tobi

When you deleted files, did you fully delete them or put them in a recycle bin?
    I know with many systems, putting them in a recycle bin will only prevent them being seen and allow them to be overwritten, but you can get some funny behaviour until the recycle bin is emptied.

If this doesn’t help or explain anything, please contact us using support.allen-heath.com so this can be looked into and logged correctly.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    I had a small talk on support.allen-heath.com — there is a guy who does not believe there is a problem at all… So I will give a more detailed error description here but will also send the following text to the created ticket.

1. When first I got the SQ (last year) I prepared a Wavelab Batch Process to “fill” the SQ\USBPLAY-Folder on my USB-device with around 180 audio files (converted to the correct format), which I use for “calibration” and background music. Everything worked fine until yesterday…

2. I needed around 60 more songs for a special occasion as “background music” and used the Wavelab Batch process to add those files to SQ\USBPLAY. After I put the USB Device back to SQ, the File Selector View in SQ Drive (Stereo) was not working correctly anymore: around 220 File were shown correctly, then there was one file which does not even exist on the drive (memory garbage??), then the thing with 4 filenames repeating indefinitly (some hundred, maybe thousand times, until the list was at its memory end, see screenshot above).

3. I then tried the following things to fix the problem, but all of that had no effect:
    – remove special characters from all filenames
    – shorten filenames to 25 characters
    – delete USBPLAY folder completly and let Wavelab “refill” it from scratch
    – remove 140 audio files, which were not in need for the occasion, so that only around 80 were left

4. As the only effect of all that was, that the “repeating file pattern” randomly changed, I tried to get back to the original state with the 180 files. That also did not work anymore!! *sigh*

5. After that I decided to use an MP3 Player for the background music and only leave the TWO (2) files in USBPLAY I use for “calibration” — they always worked! After reconnecting the USB drive to SQ, the File Selector of SQ Drive (Stereo) was completly empty.

6. My last try then was: Make a copy of USBPLAY-directory (Windows-Explorer created that copy and named it “USBPLAY (Copy)”. I then deleted the original USBPLAY directory (which contained the 2 files) and then renamed “USBPLAY (Copy)” to “USBPLAY” so that it may replace the deleted original directory.

After Step 6 SQ Drive found at least my two calibration files again.

Conclusion:
    Step 6 suggests to me a problem in the FAT Filesystem Driver of SQ in in context with a directory that contains deleted file entries. After creating the USBPLAY “fresh”, it could at least find my two calibration files.

Unfortunatly this does not explain the other problems, especially why copying 60 additional files provoked an error in the first place and also why creating the USBPLAY folder from scratch with again 240 files did not work either. So my feeling is, there maybe a second problem either regarding the number of files in the USBPLAY directory or one of my filenames chuntered SQ…

The USB Drive which is in use is a Samsung EVO 1TB harddrive, formatted in SQ and file-system checked today while trying to solve the problem. It works perfectly in a Windows PC.

If I can help with anything, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Sorry forgot… I Shift-Delete my files normally, but will Check for bin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.