Ability to Unmute channels muted by a mute group

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Ability to Unmute channels muted by a mute group

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jschoen93 jschoen93 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jschoen93
    jschoen93
    Participant

With all our other brands of consoles, we have the ability to unmute a channel thats muted by a mute group. This is neccesary for some of our events Where we have a mute group for an entire band including vocals, but we might suddenly need a vocal mic as a backup or extra people on stage. So basically the mute group just triggers everything to be muted or unmuted, but the ability to just use the mute buttons to override that.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Wow? Is that really true?
    I feel the desire to fire up Director just to check and I will. I wouldn’t expect this behaviour either, although I understand it’s the way the analogue mute groups worked and some may prefer this behaviour.
    It’d be nice to at least have the option to be able to manually unmute members of a muted mute group.
    That would be my preferred behaviour too.
    Perhaps turn it into a preference, changeable on a per group basis?

+1

Profile photo of Keule
    Keule
    Participant

Please, make it an optional Feature, if you do.

Thats a shithole for accidantly open Mics while changeovers. And I know not a single one mixer (even analog) wich could open a single line wich was muted by a mute group.

Profile photo of jschoen93
    jschoen93
    Participant

I meant to mention that in my original post. I have a few customers that used to be on Roland digital soundboards and loved having that ability to unmute a channel muted by mutegroup. But i also have 2 customers that I know would want that ability disabled. I really like how user defined this board can be set up, and so this would be great to have as another option available to the users.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.