Update 1.9 Your opinion

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Update 1.9 Your opinion

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #23408
    Profile photo of spart
    spart
    Participant

    Hello What did you think about the V1.9???
    Happy or not???
    I am disappointed! They haven’t any news on the scene editor (like global paste…).

    I’m waiting about your opinion.[:)]

    Denis DI CARLO
    DC’R Live France

    http://www.dcrlive.fr

    #32042
    Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

    Well, it’s everything we ever had any hint A&H was working on for 1.9… for a free upgrade it’s pretty darn substantial. We got some new toys, and some refinements. I too would love a re-work of the scene management system, but I don’t expect it, so I wasn’t disappointed. I think it’s all about reasonable expectations.

    To put this in perspective, Venue users were just asked to pay $150 for

    quote:


    VENUE Mix Rack and VENUE SC48 Systems
    • Expanded Input Channel configurations
    • Aux names on Inputs page
    • Reorder Input Channels using drag and drop
    • Assign Events to User switch
    • Additional workflow enhancements


    iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

    #32043
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by tk2k

    Well, it’s everything we ever had any hint A&H was working on for 1.9… for a free upgrade it’s pretty darn substantial. We got some new toys, and some refinements. I too would love a re-work of the scene management system, but I don’t expect it, so I wasn’t disappointed. I think it’s all about reasonable expectations.

    To put this in perspective, Venue users were just asked to pay $150 for

    quote:


    VENUE Mix Rack and VENUE SC48 Systems
    • Expanded Input Channel configurations
    • Aux names on Inputs page
    • Reorder Input Channels using drag and drop
    • Assign Events to User switch
    • Additional workflow enhancements


    iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College


    Yes but … http://blog.devoncroft.com/2012/10/22/avid-warns-of-lower-than-expected-revenue-and-profit-in-q3-2012/ they need to!

    Peter

    #32045
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

    I’m happy!!!
    The only question now is…

    When is Version 2 due?

    Ha ha, no, just kidding A&H, I’ll give you a few weeks to recover!!

    Every release just further re-affirms why I went with this product in the first place and not any of the others that are out there.

    I’d sooner have a long lasting product with a slow release cycle than a fast release cycle that has hardware obsolescence. I think A&H have got things just right!!!

    #32046
    Profile photo of riggs1963
    riggs1963
    Participant

    yeah…what millst said…happy is good…

    T112|iDR48+ACEcard|Laptop|iDR16|iPad|iPS10

    #32047
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

    I’ll enjoy using the new processing options.

    Now that we’ve got some FX with key listen, I wonder if we can’t get it on the gates…..? Pretty please?

    #32053
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

    AFAIK you can hear (headphones-PFL) the signals in each section by pressing the SEL button. To hear the signal going through the sidechain press the sidechain SEL button, and to hear just after the gate you have to press the gats SEL button. I think this will work with the gate engaged or not.

    I’m not sure, but I will try it this evening.

    Andy

    #32054
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by Andy

    AFAIK you can hear (headphones-PFL) the signals in each section by pressing the SEL button. To hear the signal going through the sidechain press the sidechain SEL button, and to hear just after the gate you have to press the gats SEL button. I think this will work with the gate engaged or not.


    Thanks, Andy, but I should have been more clear: I’m looking for key listen on the gates in the Editor.

    #32056
    Profile photo of przemko
    przemko
    Participant

    hello

    How about the stability of 1.9 firmware? Any issues yet, any problems so far ?

    best regards

    Przemko
    2x iDR32, 1x iDR48, R72, T80, T112

    #32060
    Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

    Small bug: can someone confirm that ganging is broke please? Windows 7 x64, Java 1.7.0_02-b13

    Adding the first channel to the group has seemingly no effect, then upon adding a second channel I get the message “invalid channel type” until I’ve pressed apply or cancel. After pressing either it seems to work as normal. Upon pressing apply, the channel I supposedly didn’t select shows up etc.

    #32063
    Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by mervaka

    Small bug: can someone confirm that ganging is broke please? Windows 7 x64, Java 1.7.0_02-b13

    Adding the first channel to the group has seemingly no effect, then upon adding a second channel I get the message “invalid channel type” until I’ve pressed apply or cancel. After pressing either it seems to work as normal. Upon pressing apply, the channel I supposedly didn’t select shows up etc.


    Should probably add that I’m using Editor 1.90!

    #32067
    Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

    Yes same here in editor, seems they’ve changed implementation on editor, appears to be you choose a gang add add achanel then apply then then you can add as many as you want with no apparent problem and when you’ve finished you say yes thats what i want! Not updated sface and rack yet will do that in a couple of days in case there is a big bug they missed!

    http://www.maltingsaudio.co.uk

    #32069
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

    I haven’t tried ganging in Editor yet but it’s working fine on my surface

    Adam Biggs
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Mac Mini Server w/Mountain Lion

    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar (PC) or Presonus Capture/Studio One (Mac)

    #32074
    Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

    The one issue I use to have was “System Busy” messages.
    Not seen that at all with surface, router, laptop (wireless) and iPad connected at the same time. Typically happened when pressing a sel button. Overall perception with just a few hours testing is that 1.9 seems more prompt and not delayed.

    CRJ
    Oswego, IL

    T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

    #32080
    Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

    Or you could update using editor instead of a stick. At least you know it isn’t corrupt that way.

    .

    Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.