scenes save

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dschmoldt dschmoldt 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deltamax
    deltamax
    Participant

hello everyone,i have both the t-80 &the t-112. i seem to have the same problem with both,if i do a show and then save it as say scene 20 the next time i power up the console the scene is still on the board but in the scrne list its back at scene 1.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

This is normal behavior – Because the system will always boot up as it was when shut down – which will most likely include changes made since the last scene you recalled. So it might look like you have scene 20 say on the system but it will actually be scene 20 + any mix changes since the last scene recall. So it isn’t actually scene 20 at all – it is just the last mixer state when shut down. If when you reboot you actually want scene 20 then you will still need to select and recall it.
    Hope that helps

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

I think Delta is saying that if the console is powering up in Scene 20, the Scene Manager should have Scene 20 highlighted as the last-recalled scene.

Same thing for MIDI scene change recalls. If I recall Scene 20 through a MIDI Program Change, the yellow highlight should move to Scene 20 as the last-recalled scene. It doesn’t.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Delta

As Stix has said this is how the the scene manager is designed to work. Also if changes are made via Editor this will also effect the system this is why we do not display the last scene recalled after a power cycle of the system.

Hi Dave – I will look into your ideas as a feature request :)

In the south toolbar of the touchscreen is displays the next scene to be recalled how about displaying current scene next to this? Would be interesting to here your thoughts?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

It would be helpful to know the last scene you recalled before shutdown or at anytime. Being that I am getting up in age I always seem to forget where I was…

112T/IDR48

dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Dave – I will look into your ideas as a feature request :)

In the south toolbar of the touchscreen is displays the next scene to be recalled how about displaying current scene next to this? Would be interesting to here your thoughts?

It’s not so much just seeing what the current scene is, though that would be nice.

I use the iLive for theatrical/musical uses. So I might have a few hundred cues in a show, and they go by pretty fast at times. When I recall a scene by MIDI (using SFX), there are often times I want to modify the scene slightly and re-update it. Especially during rehearsals. Not having the recalled scene auto-highlight after MIDI recall makes it very possibly I’ll hit UPDATE with the wrong scene highlighted.

If that were fixed, PLUS an option to have the GO button auto-advance to the next scene in the list, I’d be in love with the Scene Manager! Right now it’s more a love/hate relationship. :)

Hope that made sense.

Dave

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

dschmoldt! can you elaborate on your setup with sfx? I am prepping a show with Qlab with similar needs to trigger scene changes from within the application….as there is no midi access to the editor I will have to use a midi interface (was hoping to do away with this) and trigger all internally, since both Qlab and Editor are on the same mac……..

RayS

dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

dschmoldt! can you elaborate on your setup with sfx? I am prepping a show with Qlab with similar needs to trigger scene changes from within the application….as there is no midi access to the editor I will have to use a midi interface (was hoping to do away with this) and trigger all internally, since both Qlab and Editor are on the same mac……..

Triggering scene recalls with the iLive through MIDI is pretty similar to scene recalls with a Yamaha, Behringer and other digital mixers. They all use the same protocol.

Basically send a MIDI command as a Program Change (C0h), then for MIDI data, send the scene number you want to record mus 1, since MIDI is zero-based.

Example: To recall Scene 5, send a Program Change with a MIDI data of 4.

If you need to recall iLive scenes higher than 128, do the same thing using MIDI bank 2.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

thanks David…but I was talking about you physical setup……i.e. what midi interface etc..how its rigged and how solid is your setup etc…….

RayS

dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

thanks David…but I was talking about you physical setup……i.e. what midi interface etc..how its rigged and how solid is your setup etc…….

RayS

I’m using a Firewire Firepod FP-10 8-channel audio interface that also has MIDI ports. Windows 7 on the PC. It’s been rock solid.

Prior to the FirePod I used a MidiSport 2×2 USB MIDI interface on Win XP and Vista (with a Yamaha DM1000 mixer). Had no problems with it, either.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Hi David,

I’d like to keep in touch via this discussion thread on how the scene management should look like in the future. I promised A&H I’d help them with the analysis for a new improved scene management (also for theatre use). So far, I didn’t have enough time to write something decent, but I still hope this will change in the next months.

Hope we can discuss a new vision on scene management here.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

there are some nice features in digico scene management and also on the digidesign venue ……..maybe a sample of both desks best features would do nicely ……for a start, the timed crossfade between scenes and update scope which lets one choose which scenes are changed/updated with the new information and of course…… some indication of which scene are we in and a GO button to name a few………

RayS

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

The major thing I would like to see implemented in the scene change is the ability to simply “insert all” where for instance a change in room EQ or monitor EQ could be quickly and at one time pasted into all the other scenes.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lawbass61

The major thing I would like to see implemented in the scene change is the ability to simply “insert all” where for instance a change in room EQ or monitor EQ could be quickly and at one time pasted into all the other scenes.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

that’s essentially the “update scope” function on digico ….instead of an all button you choose the scenes to update with new info ……..it can be all if you select all or just those that belong to a certain group or just the one scene etc……quite useful…..

RayS

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I agree with the fact that some sort of multi-update possibility must exist but… the question is also: why put monitor EQ or room EQ in all the scenes in the first place. A&H designed the current scene system with a kind of a setup-scene and a series of track scenes in mind.

That way, monitor EQ, room EQ and things like preamp gain would most of the times only need to be stored in that one global setup scene.

Wouter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.