Avantis to GLD-80 Over Dante

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis to GLD-80 Over Dante

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LBET LBET 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Hi Everyone, Our church is about upgrade our GLD to an Avantis but we want to keep using the GLD for monitor or broadcast mix. We are fortunate enough to be going with Klang Fabrik for IEMs.

So my question is about interfacing the GLD with the Avantis over Dante. Were getting a M-DL-DANTE64 for the Avantis and I think we need an M-Dante for the GLD. Can we use multiple sample rates on the Dante network? i.e. 96k for the Avantis between the stagebox and mixer but 48k between the Avantis and GLD, Klang and Dante VSC?

Even as I write this I’m thinking no but I gotta ask. If it’s a no then were are stuck at 48k if we want to use Dante to split the inputs between both mixers.

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

A Dante network can have multiple sample rates, but only devices set to the same sample rate as each other can share audio between those specific devices. To get the Avantis to communicate with the GLD, you will have to configure the M-DL-DANTE64 card to run at 48k in Dante Controller. That way the audio can be shared between it and the GLD.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

If you want to run 96k from the Avantis to a stagebox and 48k to the GLD, you would need to install 2 different M-DL-DANTE64 cards in the Avantis. One configured at 48k for your monitor split, and the other configured at 96k to talk to your stage I/O.

You could also just run DX or GX stageboxes, which will give you the 96k to the stageboxes, while running your Dante at 48k.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Thanks for the info Scott. This makes sense. It looks like we either run everything at 48k (meh) or run at 96k and forget about the GLD. Instead of using the GLD as the broadcast mixer I think our only alternative is to use the DVS to mix using a PC running logic or protools.

Or get a second M-DL-Dante64 like you said. It seems preferable to run the Dante network at 96k along with the Stagebox, Klang unit and LabGrouppen amps.

Dang this has a lot of moving parts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.