USB Drive Won't Format

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting USB Drive Won't Format

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of djam djam 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GregTheGrate
    GregTheGrate
    Participant

I have formatted a 500Gb USB2 drive on my Mac to MS-DOS Fat32. I mount it on my SQ5, select format and get the answer “Formatted 255%”, but nothing has happened and the disk is not usable on the SQ. What should I know?

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, my USB3 250GB SD drive sometimes doesn’t record and I can’t format a USB2 drive – HELP!!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

It sounds like these drives both have some incompatibility with SQ-Drive.

Please take a look at this article for guidelines when choosing a drive: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1183/338/understanding-sq-usb-recording-and-playback

And there have been some entries on the Qu compatibility chart for SQ-drive: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3mSSxoyEkVIAUZaCRzJkfvj2lveSQ1iXsn8eDvY_dU/edit

Thanks!

Alex

GregTheGrate
    Participant

Thanks Alex,

So, according to the compatibility sheet, if I buy myself a 250Gb Samsung T5 USB3 SSD drive, multitrack recording will perform flawlessly.

This is extremely important to me as I record live (never-to-be-repeated) concerts and the recording must work.

Regards

Greg

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Those entries on the compatibility chart were entered for a Qu console (as far as I can tell), so it is not confirmed that this drive works well on SQ.

However, looking at the specifications online, it would suggest that this drive would be suitable. But please note that A&H have not tested this specific drive so I cannot confirm this.

Thanks!

Alex

GregTheGrate
    Participant

Hi Alex

I am pleased to report that so far, everything with the Samsung T5 is good. It hasn’t been on a live expedition yet, this will happen on Sunday. As we speak, it is doing a multitrack recording of silence.

Many thanks for your advice.

Profile photo of djam
    djam
    Participant

The Samsun T5’s have the 3.1 USB now… Will they still be comparable?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.