Busses and Mix groups

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Busses and Mix groups

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cctrieloff cctrieloff 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

we have 30 buses and 20 mix groups on the desk.

When I add a st group it consumes 2 bus and 2 Mix outputs. Is there is a way to not use the 2 outputs.

My goal is to create more st groups (as subgroups) which will not be present externally.

I.e. (sub-groups) -> mtx -> sockets

This is how the desk is configuring it
    2 bus -> sub group -> 2 out -> mtx -> 2 output -> socket
    2 bus -> sub group -> 2 out ->

( 2 into the group and 2 out) thus using 10 output mix & 8 buses

I want
    2 bus -> sub group -> 2 out -> mtx -> 2 output -> socket
    2 bus -> sub group ->
    2 bus -> sub group ->
    2 bus -> sub group ->

All into the same output mix bus to the mtx. thus only using 4 output mix & 8 buses

I’m running into the 20 max mix outputs, but only want to use thes subgroups internally in the mixer. I know iLive can do this, how do I config it on GLD, the bock diagram indicates it should be able to be done. – Config screen auto consumes the 2 bus and 2 mix output per st group?

thx
    Carl.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Carl,

‘Mix Outputs’ refers to any master channel with full processing. A Group uses both a bus AND a processing output, as it provides full processing. The only bus type which doesn’t use processing outputs is the FX send. That’s why GLD gives you 30 buses – to handle your FX without consuming precious Mix Outputs.

Can I ask you what are you using these groups for? Is it for processing such as compressing the drum kit? For simple level control of a group of channels you can use the DCA groups. You can also gang a particular processing block (e.g. the compressor) over a range of channels thanks to the gang groups.

I hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

Thx,

Will find another way to do it

Carl.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.