ZEDi 10FX – USB out only sends left channel audio

Forums Forums Other A&H products ZEDi 10FX – USB out only sends left channel audio

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brandon Brandon 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

I’m stumped here and I’m hoping you guys can help. I’m convinced it’s a hardware issue at this point.

Windows 10, latest drivers for ZEDi 10FX and using Audacity as DAW.

I have a stereo signal (DJ Mixer – REC OUT) plugged into the L/R – ST1 1/4 jacks. The audio is coming in good though the headphones, definitely in stereo, meters show separation between the 2 channels…all good.

When I go to record via USB in Audacity I choose MME/ZEDi 10 3&4 and I get audio but it’s only the left channel being output into both channels of my “stereo” track. I have only the top button (M1-M2-L-R) pressed in the USB OUT section of the ZEDi.

Couple odd thing I noticed…

1. If I plug my headphones into the AUX OUT, I only get audio in the left channel of my headphones, is that normal? I tested the MONITORS OUT rca jacks & MAIN OUT xlrs, both are outputting in stereo as normal.

2. When I open the ZEDi USB Control Panel and check the “Buffer Settings” tab, it says “ASIO not active” under ASIO Status. Could this be my issue?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

It seems it was just some (still unknown) configuration or driver issue with my laptop. Long story short, I installed the ZEDi drivers on my work laptop and tested it Audacity and was able to record in stereo straight away. At least I know it’s not a faulty mixer.

This may seem extreme but since I don’t feel like playing a guessing game with settings/drivers etc., I’m just going to format my drive and reinstall Windows 10 on my computer. Will be reporting back if that doesn’t fix it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.