Soundcraft Compatibility

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Soundcraft Compatibility

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of saxman1815
    saxman1815
    Participant

Hi,

We are currently using a Soundcraft Expression 3. I’m wondering if anyone knows if the ME systems are compatible with the Expression. If not, are there any Allen and Heath personal monitors that are compatible or does anyone have any other suggestions. We’d really like to go this route, if possible.

Thank you!
    Steve

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No on question 1. It’s sadly a proprietaary system. I wish they offered an analog input module like Aviom has.

You would need something with an analog input. Aviom, Behringer, dbx, MyMix etc.

Profile photo of saxman1815
    saxman1815
    Participant

Ok. I was afraid of that. Thank you for your suggestions, though. I will look into those options.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

As long as you haven’t used the option card slot on the Si expression, you have several options for connecting to a ME-1 system.

1. Use Dante or MADI (64×64 audio paths), or A-Net (limited to 16×16 audio paths), option cards on the Si Expression

– if you don’t have a card slot available, you can use your analog outputs to feed an Aviom AN-16/i. Obviously, the major limitation in the AVIOM protocol is that it only supports 16 channels of audio.

2. Connect to an Allen & Heath ME-U. The default I/O card accepts Allen & Heath ACE or Dsnake, or AVIOM A-Net
    3. If you want to maximize channel count, buy a Dante or MADI option card from A&H for the ME-U
    4. Connect up to 10 ME-1s to the ME-U, You can also connect a ME-U port to an approved POE switch to feed additional ME-1s.

Be aware that ME-1s will not receive channel names from your non-Allen & Heath mixer.

Daniel

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

To add to Daniel’s post, the ME-1s would not get channel names from a non-A&H mixer, but you can enter channel names into the ME-U for distribution to the ME-1 units.

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

Switching to a Qu-32 would be a much more cost effective solution, AND give you auto channel names on ME-1.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.