ZED-10 / Davinci Resolve simple setup

Forums Forums Other A&H products ZED-10 / Davinci Resolve simple setup

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Victor B. Chadwell Victor B. Chadwell 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Victor B. Chadwell
    Victor B. Chadwell
    Participant

I have a Zed 10 that I’d like to use in combination with Davinci Resolve primarily for recording voiceovers / audio dialogue replacement / foley on a mac pro tower and a macbook pro laptop.

Mics are plugged into the XLR inputs on the Zed. The Zed is connected to the computer via USB. I can send and receive audio between the computer and the Zed, however I’m having trouble figuring out how to hear other tracks in the headphones on the Zed while recording. The tracks are being sent from Davinci Resolve, but I can’t hear them in the Zed headphone port while recording without adding distortion to the recording. I can record and listen as separate actions just fine, but I can’t figure out how to do both at the same time without adding distortion.

Basically my question is, what is the best setup on the Zed that will allow me to listen to the computer’s output / Zed’s USB input while sending a clean signal for recording? It would be convenient if I can do this all within the USB.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.