wireless router to use with Qu-16?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions wireless router to use with Qu-16?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jimmy Jimmy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Happy to report used the airport express with my Qu-16 last weekend and worked great. Went out into the car park 40 feet away and still had wireless control

Profile photo of Raoul23
    Raoul23
    Participant

Hi Guys im in the UK id like to use one of my old talk talk routers with my qu 16 at the moment my ipad wont go far untill the signal drops out say 5-6 meters. I havent done any setting up of the router just plugged and played really, is there anything i could do to improve the range/performance

Cheers Raoul

Profile photo of BluDru
    BluDru
    Participant

Appreciate the tip on the Airport Express. I have a couple of the old (small) ones around; will work perfectly in my setup.
    Drew

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Cool, let us know how you get on 🙂

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

When I got my Qu-16, it had the V 1.01 firmware installed, a couple weeks later, the V1.10 firmware was released, so, I did the update at that time. I checked out the Qu Pad app, and at first couldn’t connect, so, I checked the DHCP on the mixer,enabled it, and everything was fine with my Airport after that. I also only use the 5GHZ band and hid the SSID, so, hopefully nobody’s phone will try & ping it. Works great! There sure is a lot of data going back & forth between mixer & and Qu Pad app though!

Profile photo of BarryBass
    BarryBass
    Participant

Hi all,
    I had a spare Ubiquiti Loco M2 so thought I could use it to connect a tablet to the QU16.
    So I set the Loco up as an Access point and can successfully connect to it. It does not have a DHCP server so cannot issue an IP address.
    So when connecting the tablet’s Wi-fi, I went into the Advanced settings and gave it the IP address of the Loco.
    Works like a charm! It proves one does not have to have a complicated wifi router.
    BarryBass

Profile photo of BarryBass
    BarryBass
    Participant

Just re-checked and found the DHCP server page in the Loco setup.
    So even better now – issues an IP address to the tablet and connects to the QU16, no problem.

Profile photo of Greenfingers
    Greenfingers
    Participant

Just to add my two penneth, I have been using a TP-Link AC750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Travel Router for the last year and a half without a hitch. Works everything with no connectivity issues – really cheap and very small – very handy!

Profile photo of Jimmy
    Jimmy
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been using an old Sky router for a couple of years now, with the QU 24, 32 and Qu-pac ever since my TP link one get damaged, it was literally plug n play. I keep it away from speakers etc, and I’ve had no problems even though I use wireless dmx for lights and up to 6 radio mics. Could be wrong but I think it has a better range than the TP, and basically being a small box shape there are no external aerials to get damaged.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.