Windows & Android Support

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Windows & Android Support

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 55 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NigelMcQ NigelMcQ 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ClarkMeier
    ClarkMeier
    Participant

We just got a new QU-16 and the only big issue is lack of Android support for Qu-You. Now the band is divided along iPhone/Android lines. We tried the 3rd party apps and found problems. Only one Android device can connect at a time, whereas we need to connect four, plus a QU-Pad. Also, we could not find an Adroid way to choose a monitor mix bus — only house mix. We haven’t found any solution for actual band-plays-gig use.

We hope A&E will support this soon.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QU-You is a reduced protocol, only one device can control over the QU-Pad interface.

I’d like to see the QU-you app released for android, QU-Pad would be nice, but I suspect it won’t happen, if for no other reason than in house development expertise.

Profile photo of DareDevil01
    DareDevil01
    Participant

Wait, I don’t think the different hardware configurations should pose a problem for Android, there’s really only 3 chipset manufacturers: Qualcomm, Samsung and Mediatek.
    There’s an 18 yo boy who has developed (in his free time between uni work) an Android app for the Behringer X32, an app which has been highly regarded, so much so that he has received support from Behringer and they have put a link to his app on their X32 homepage. I personally use it with my X32 compact and I think it is functionally much more advanced than the official iOS Mix app and has no stability issues. Thought I would mention that. If a team of one, can make a FANTASTIC app for the X32 then why can’t A&H figure it out? Would be good to see a similar case with the A&H Qu desk as I am interested in one.

This young man surely doesn’t have “a multitude of devices” to test either but reviews on the Play Store seem to show that it works across devices.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

in house expertise.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

I’d love to see and Android version of the QU-YOU app as most of the musicians I’ve run sound for have Android phones. Very few of them have iPhones.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

See Frankfurt announcement…

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

That’s excellent news as at a venue I run sound for only two out of the ten regular musicians have iPhones. Also, only one out of my four work colleagues has an iPhone so the new Android version of QU-YOU will be extremely welcome!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

still no Qu-Pad app for Android and Windows, I would like to see both of them

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

always the same no Windows or real Android support for Qu
    How about a Java App…?
    Should work on any platform with Jave RE

Profile photo of NigelMcQ
    NigelMcQ
    Participant

I’m disappointed that this hasn’t been addressed more recently.

Surely, given the QU-Me runs on an android app, why have A&H not developed and released QU-Po and and QU-Control as Android apps? too?

I see that there are some third party apps, but surely that defeats the potential for the best experience for non Apple users.

I am currently looking at upgrade options from GL2400, but lack of Android support could be the deciding factor.

Even a web based interfacewoulf be better (something Soundcraft do well!)

A&H, please respond.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.