Will this box work with a A+H QU-32 board?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Will this box work with a A+H QU-32 board?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of webe123
    webe123
    Participant

I found this on chuck levins seems like a good way to get an extra 4 channels going to the stage along with our analog snakes if it in fact works with the QU-32….

ProX XC-SBCAT6-4XF 4 Channel XLR-F CAT6 Audio/DMX Portable Snake Box

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

It won’t work via the QU’s DSnake network port, if that was your intention. That is a proprietary protocol only supported by the Allen & Heath digital stage boxes.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The box you linked to and the many like it are not even digital audio they are good ol fashioned analog and just use the conductors in a CAT5e or CAT6 shielded cable to carry the signal.
    Just for fun of the many versions of those out there they all do not use the same pin outs.
    Those are sold as stage sub snakes, maybe it’s just me but using a piece of CAT cable laying around on a busy stage getting walked on, musicians rolling stuff over it would not be something I would trust.

Profile photo of webe123
    webe123
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah the DSubs are so expensive I wish they would have allowed a chaeper way to use a digital snake. But I guess we will just use old fashioned analog snakes.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Analog snakes are much more expensive, if they have the same channel count, quality, and length. Try to avoid the cheapest ones, the plugs don’t last that long.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

How long and how many channel snake do need you from the stage?

As mentioned once you start getting into a 16 and higher channel snake with return channels in the 100 plus foot length your are the point where a digital stage box starts
    becoming more cost effective and easier to deploy.

This is based on a legit analog snake cable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.