When to use Softkey funtion about Fader Start?

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions When to use Softkey funtion about Fader Start?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jun Jun 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

As title, I’m really curious about when to use Softkey function about Fader Start? Or Fader On-Off ?
    I read the reference guide, it said:
    • Fader On-Off –Illuminates a SoftKey while the selected channel fader is above -inf
    • Fader Start – Momentarily illuminates a SoftKey when the selected channel fader moves above -inf

I have tried these function, but I just don’t get it.

Fader On-Off function is that I put fader above -inf and the certain softkey would light up. But why or when would I need this indicator light?
    If the softkey light up, maybe I’ve already heard the sound come out from my speaker.

And Fader Start function is that I put fader above -inf the certain softkey would light up moment, a very Short Flashing.
    If I focus on show, I can hardly observed it.
    When to use this function?

Thanks to yours patient to read here.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

since the softkeys can send MIDI these could be linked to softkey MIDI messages…
    so maybe it is prepared to control external equipment with MIDI and the lights of the softkeys are only for visual feedback

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

A agree that these options seem pretty useless. Of course A&H had to make the softkey buttons do SOMETHING, so this is what they came up with. They skipped all of the things that make sense (like loading a particular scene via a softbutton) and instead gave us Fader On/Off and Fader Start. Thanks A&H!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@brian

interesting

would be nice to hear from AH how they made that decision when they planned the system originally.

I would hope that fixing that would as simple as a firmware update so the soft buttons are more useful to you
    but maybe they baked it into the hardware somehow so they cant fix it.

Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

Thank you guys.
    Actually, I really love A&H console.
    But these functions make me confused.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.