We need a mini Avantis

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions We need a mini Avantis

This topic contains 35 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

nottooloud, surely you jest, while a significant number of posts have been made in these threads pursuant to the need for a SQsb type product, they certainly were not from me. Ancillary wifi remote control is an attractive feature that is very useful in SR applications: however tactile primary controls are absolutely essential for my type of everyday day work flow. I gave my QUsb and it’s operating I-Pad to my grandsons for their mobile garage band activity. They love it and I am sure the new CQ offering will be well accepted for similar reasons: however the CQ is at the opposite end of the sonic quality scale that I have addressed with my mini Avantis request!
    Hugh
    (How much of the Avantis market appeal over the SQ line is due to a bigger channel count, or is it’s appeal due to better visual control tools and superior connectivity options. The answer to this question is the key to why a mini Avantis is a very good idea.)

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

opposite end of the sonic quality scale that I have addressed with my mini Avantis request!

I think they were aiming for the X-Air and missed on features, but as for quality, it’s 96K FPGA inside.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

The Info I reviewed did not include compatibility with any of the DX expansion stage boxes that was a clear indication of sub std I/Os for what ever reason. The FPGA 24/96k processing is only as good as it’s analog front end capture and optional software it is processing!
    Hugh

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

clear indication of sub std I/Os for what ever reason.

So is it your contention that they intentionally crippled this product, which you haven’t heard, with mediocre A/Ds and substandard software? All that stuff is simply math now.It would cost them more *not* to use their existing processing algorithms.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

From what I understand it would be difficult to do the Avantis needs size because of what’s in the guts and for heat control. I don’t think everything would fit inside being the mix engine is internal

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

nottooloud,The SQs have a 36 bus core design that will accommodate the DX expansion stage boxes while the CQ does not. The CQ limitations are what they are and the market place will ultimately determine whether the CQ is crippled.

Alex, there is absolutely no correlation between dormant core size and heat load: the number of active analog I/Os are usually the primary heat generator. I would speculate the size difference between the 36 bus core of an SQ to the 42 bus core of an Avantis would be very small and of very little consequence.
    Hugh

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.