V2.0

Tagged: 

This topic contains 40 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jasen Jasen 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of love2do
    love2do
    Participant

Its here! 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Raunoa
    Raunoa
    Participant

Plugin updates are available only for the external RackUltra FX card. For the first time in dLive software, full functionality requires the purchase of external cards to access all features of the software.

But the action module is quite nice, though.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

This was the case on the original iLIve also, an updated processing card became available to increase functionality. Increase in capabilities requires an increase in resourses. Makes sense.

Profile photo of JK
    JK
    Participant

Not really, all mixracks purchased from now on will have it preinstalled, the way I see it, it’s nice of them to offer it for the older mixracks and not having you buy a complete new mixrack because the hardware was upgraded,

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We reached a point where current FX hardware was limiting the possibilities of FX development. The card adds not only FPGA fabric but also tons of memory and ARM cores for block processing. We simply could not make the quality and complexity of the new algorithms available on standard dLive hardware, but wanted to offer an upgrade path for the thousands of users out there. Features not relying on the RackUltra FX card, such as Actions, are of course free for all.

Profile photo of cvbommel
    cvbommel
    Participant

Still mixed feelings about this upgrade. Yes, I do get it that hardware is limited and needs upgrading too. I’m disappointed in the high price for current dLive users (way more than the 10% increase for a rack) and the fact that it takes an expansion slot to upgrade.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m looking forward to learning more about the update!

Profile photo of JK
    JK
    Participant

Agree on price but it’s not taking an expansion slot, it’s an internal card slot

Profile photo of Jasen
    Jasen
    Participant

Will it finally be possible to save scenes remotely – either from MixPad, via a MIDI trigger, or a third-party app like Mixing Station?

Profile photo of Hazzard
    Hazzard
    Participant

Hi!

Mixing Station wont work with 2.0 until David has totally reworked the app. According to him, it will take some time since its all broken.

Hazzard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jasen
    Jasen
    Participant

Elsewhere David said saving scenes remotely is impossible with 1.9. I’m wondering if it is now possible at all given the “all new” cue list management, even if the technique is a bit round-about – like triggering a SoftKey via MIDI. (I see there are some new MIDI capabilities including mention of scenes.)

Profile photo of andia
    andia
    Participant

when can we expect a reference guide/manual for 2.0?

Profile photo of Hazzard
    Hazzard
    Participant

That will be interesting to see!

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

So is the card going into the slot where, for example, my Waves card resides on my CDM32, or is it able to be inserted elsewhere so that I can keep my Waves card, too?

Profile photo of stubish
    stubish
    Participant

Church user here. Already have waves integrated when we purchased.

We are spending peoples donations. We have to be responsible. I can’t justify the new card at the moment 🙁 but I do respect the need to continue to deliver innovation and the need to plug in some new power in order to do that.)

Now if we had not gone the waves route? and was buying a new Mixrack, there is for sure a value proposition there! excited to hear the new reverbs etc! and with a few more tweaks, waves would be entierly redundant I think 🙂

But can I emplore you to continue to release a few plugins (distressor, some more saturation) for the old versions? I fear we’re going the way of any new deep plugins will be add on card only, where I understood there was still a resonable amount of power onboard? (I mean, I get for waves and the reverbs, that should be heavy processing required!).

Thanks in advance, and congrats on the release. I am for sure looking forward to some better macros and scenes being implemented!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.