Using an iPad for recording

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Using an iPad for recording

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkB MarkB 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkB
    MarkB
    Participant

Can I do multi-track recording through the SQ rear USB-B port to an iPad (IOS) that is running Logic Pro? Is anyone successfully doing this? If no, is there a reason why we know this cannot be done?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

While I have not personally tried it, I don’t see a reason why this wouldn’t work. I mean the iPad is effectively a computer attached to the console. As long as the iPad has the capabilities to multi-track record over USB (something I have no experience trying), the console shouldn’t have a problem sending the audio to it over USB. Long story short, if there is a problem doing this, I suspect it lies with the iPad, not the console.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I sometimes use Auria on my iPad for back-up multitrack out of the USB on one of my Grace m108 preamps. Works fine. I have not tried it out of my SQ but might give it a whirl.

D.

Profile photo of MarkB
    MarkB
    Participant

Well, I’m going to give it a try. I’ve ordered the USB-B to USB-C cable that I’ll need. I’ll report the results.

M

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.