Using a Digitech Vocalist Live on Monitor Sends in QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using a Digitech Vocalist Live on Monitor Sends in QU16

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GuitarPlaynTaylor
    GuitarPlaynTaylor
    Participant

Hello all! First time posting here. An artist that I work for recently bought a brand new QU16 board to replace a 15 year old or so Carvin live sound board. The artist has a Digitech Vocalist Live that we use for reverbs, delays and simulated harmony for live gigs. With the Carvin board I patched in the Digi through the monitor 5 input, and sent the signal to the vocal on Channel 1, turned up the Monitor 5 knob on Channel 1 and sent the verb, delay, and harms to the channel inputs and then controlled the level with the faders. My questions is, how do I do this on the QU 16? I was able to patch everything in like I did on the Carvin, but can’t seem to find a monitor 5 level knob in the software of the QU16 on Channel one. Thanks so much!

Taylor

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It sounds like you were using the Digitech as an outboard FX unit.

You can patch it in like that on the QU16 you would use a mix out to feed the FX and
    take the FX output into an open channel.

The mix sends on faders is activated by pressing the needed mix button on the lower right hand side of the mixer or you can go into the routing menu for the selected channel.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Yep exactly as Mike described. Although depending on the room and your mixing method, the Digitech has left and right output so you may need 1 or 2 additional channels depending on your preference (some FX sound better in stereo).

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Actually you may want to use one of the stereo input channels, either for the as mentioned a stereo FX return or just use it as a mono input, either way you are saving a mic channel input for something else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.