USB Mouse Connectivity & Plugin Host

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions USB Mouse Connectivity & Plugin Host

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Connor
    Connor
    Participant

Good morning,

1) A feature that I would really like to see added is support for mouse and cursor. For the most part, my Avantis Console hasn’t given me any issues, however from time to time I will get an error message (usually a timeout). Thankfully, I’ve still had touch control but it would be nice to have the backup. Also it would offer yet another way of navigating the console

2) A very long shot: I would be amazing if the console had a way to host Plugins much the same way as Avid Consoles. It means not spending thousands on i/o cards (or DPack). Surely the console is powerful enough to do this, and would make it completely rider friendly and a force to be reckoned with with competitors.

Connor

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

You second request is a very long shot! Most other digital mixers use of the shelf DSP chips, all A&H ones, except QU range, use their own proprietary XCVI (Roman for 96!) FPGA chip. Thus, as A&H are not going to reveal how that works, only their own plug-ins will ever be available.

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

+1 (Request 1)

A touchscreen-optimized mixing console would be a great relief if the mouse cursor could cover critical areas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.