USB audio playback from Mac

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions USB audio playback from Mac

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TheAngryPenguin TheAngryPenguin 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

I’ve just got my brand new CQ18T and I’m testing it in the office. I’ve got Bluetooth audio to play to it nicely from my phone, and audio from my computer via a headphone to stereo jack cable.

However, when I plug it in via USB I can’t get any signal. The computer can see the unit as an audio output and I’ve selected that but nothing comes to the mixer. I’ve toggled the analogue / USB/SD option on channels 17/18 but still no joy.

Am I missing something?

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Just tested the same cable and setup to another mixer and the USB is definitely working and giving out a signal so either there’s something wrong with my unit or (more likely) I’ve misunderstood a setting somewhere! Any help appreciated.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @Jon,

A couple of things to check first:

Is the CQ USB streaming mode set to stereo or multitrack? Stereo will give you a simple 2 track interface for recording and playback to the dedicated USB channel, where multitrack would require you to route audio at the computer end and then switch the source on the CQ channels you wish to use.

Are you playing back anything from USB-A or SD? These will automatically override any signal being sent from the computer.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Thank you! All working now – think it was just the stereo/multi-track setting that needed changing.

Profile photo of Cata
    Cata
    Participant

Hello
    I experienced trouble when I try to playback music from my MacBook Air, on my QU-16 using USB B interface.
    QU-16 is among output devices, I selected it but no sound.
    What can I do ?

I use a cable USB C to USB B 2.0

Thank you in advance !

Profile photo of TheAngryPenguin
    TheAngryPenguin
    Participant

I am also interested in how to get system audio to play through my CQ-20B. In a DAW, I need to set the master output to 21/22 (which works perfectly fine as long as the USB fader isn’t down all the way). Does anyone know how to tell macOS to use 21/22 for its output? Perhaps something like Soundflower or BlackHole would suffice?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.