Two laptops with the SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Two laptops with the SQ

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rober
    Rober
    Participant

Hey guys! I hope someone can give me advice on this, how would be a good way or the only, to connect two laptops to the SQ6? which way would be… I don’t want to say the cheapest… I’ll would say, budget friendly way to do it. I know is not as simple as using a usb hub. I would like to use different plugins, I’m aware of the DEEP plugins, but is not about not liking A&H plugins it’s more about the learning process of to do the setup, I also do multitrack recording through pro tools, I’m aware of the waves sound card for the SQ, but a SoundGrid setup is not in my possibilities at the moment, someone mentioned to me that a “powerful enough” computer will run two programs (let’s say waves SuperRack native and pro tools for multitrack recording) with no issues (too much latency, clicks-pops, etc)some other say is not recommended to use the same computer for both, since the SQ6 only has one USB port… What are the options I have. I’ll appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

You cannot share the USB-B Port on two computer. Under certain circumstances it is possible to use the SQ with two applications on one computer, but its not possible to use e.g ASIO on Windows with two application at the same time. I would suggest to think about a Dante card. there you can assign input and output channels of the Card to several computer, or should I say sources and targets, Which allows you to use external plugins. If you do not want to use Waves you can use alternative applications like Liveprofessor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.