Trouble patching local expander XLR's to stereo channel.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Trouble patching local expander XLR's to stereo channel.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #42703
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

    Hi, I’m trying to use a TC M One XL for delay effects. I’ve set up two aux outs on the expander and am trying to patch the FX outputs back to stereo input channel 47/48 via the first two XLR’s on the local expander.

    I am on the editor under Win7 so I can’t comment on whether or not the audio is actually working.

    In the channel select screen this works fine, I selected local Exp 1/2 and hit apply, however in the I/O page only channel 47 is actually patched. I’ve tried choosing socket 1 as channel 47L then scrolling up the “end” box to “48R”. When I hit “apply” socket 1 patches properly but socket 2 doesn’t change. I have tried assigning socket 2 to 48R individually but I don’t have the option to apply and I get the message that I can only assign in L/R Odd/Even pairs even though that’s exactly what I’m trying to do.

    I could make it work by using ganged mono channels but i don’t want to upset the layout with another channel strip and I do want to have control of both input gains and trim controls.

    Chris

    #42713
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

    Hey chris, have a look at the popup window in I/O screen (open the slider on the bottom) after selecting your expander channel 2! It might be the problem that this channel is already patched to another one! In this I/O screen you could clear it and patch it new!

    Other solution is using a stereogroup with socket inputs – that’s how i did it once with an external FX!

    #42721
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

    Ah ha! Thanks, that fixed it. 🙂

    That socket was patched to a channel and when I changed it to “unassigned” it automatically changed itself to “St IP 48R TC FX”. My question now is why it behaves like this, there seems to be a patch hierarchy where it won’t let you overwrite a setting without manually removing it first, yet it still knows what you wanted to do because it does it automatically when you free up the socket. Maybe this is unique to stereo sockets and an socket cannot be part of a stereo pair while also going to a mono channel.

    All good now, cheers. 🙂

    Chris

    #42730
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

    Hi Chris,

    You can patch an Input to several destinations, no need to clear the existing patch. When you do have multiple destinations, the I/O screen would only display the first assignment a socket had – this is purely a GUI real estate problem, the audio will be correctly patched. If you want to interrogate the socket for all patched destinations, use the pull out menu.

    #42733
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

    *Slaps forehead* Of course, obvious now you point it out. That explains why the channel select screen showed it as being properly patched, it was. I rarely patch inputs from the I/O page and I only noticed the “problem” when I went in to patch the outputs.

    Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.