Tie lines from DX32 to waves card in SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Tie lines from DX32 to waves card in SQ5

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I need to clear up a patching question. When deploying tie lines from my SQ5 that is delivering thru S-Link DX32 I/Os to a Waves card: do the inputs on the left of the screen correspond to the SQ’s channels 17 thru 24 (It’s “B” layer) or the Dx’s 1 thru 8? The manual and Keith’s U-Tube video did not make it clear to me so maybe he will be able to explain the difference.
    Hugh

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Tie lines are direct connections without channels.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

If you do not understand the question, please do not offer input definitions. Perhaps Keith will be able to provide the appropriate answer.
    Hugh

SteffenR
    Participant

do the inputs on the left of the screen correspond to the SQ’s channels 17 thru 24

If you are patching tie lines, this isn’t related to the input strip patching.
    You can patch your inputs independent of the tie lines.

In the tie lines tab, you can select the possible input connections to appear on the left.
    DX32 inputs will appear under SLink 1-32. The numbers will correspond with the slot the module is mounted too.

Slot 1 is 1-8, slot 2 is 9-16 and so on… If there is an output module or no module connected, this is unavailable for patching.

A tie line input needs no channel representation on the surface.
    But it would help to control the preamp quicker than selecting the I/O page and finding the socket.
    Keep in mind, preamp control is possible on the input page only, not on the tie lines page.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

That is good timely Information, thank you SteffenR. jerimiah Cleaver with Waves set up my Waves card several years ago and established the Digigrid/Waves LV1 protocol to use my DX32 primes and SQ5 for all of my front end Waves studio capture. I recently bought two M-AIN D-Live pre amp banks and when configuring all of the patching required for both Live SR and the Waves card I reviewed Keith’s 1 min U-Tube Video.
    The reason I posted the Waves vs SQ patching clarification request is to ask Keith to consider a more detailed video that delineates the difference between basic SQ patching (that is certainly “Layer specific”) in that the A layer is dedicated to the SQ5’s 16 internal inputs so all ancillary S-Link inputs will not have a sequential relationship: like they do with the patching with a waves card.
    Thank you again for your helpful post SteffenR.
    hugh

SteffenR
    Participant

Nothing is layer specific, you can configure every strip in every layer to every possible channel.
    And it is very easy to double patch inputs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.