Switch from Integrated WiFi to Ethernet

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Switch from Integrated WiFi to Ethernet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bullmoon bullmoon 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alvaroguitarplayer
    alvaroguitarplayer
    Participant

Hello new user here!!
    I’m loving my CQ20B so far but I was wondering….
    What if the internal WiFi fails (like forever), is there a way to switch to Ethernet without the App? I other way, how do I connect to the mixer if my integrated WiFi is broke?

On other mixers you can to this with an external switch!

Thanks!

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes, it is described on page 130 of the user manual
    https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/09/CQ_User_Guide_V1_1_0_iss1.pdf

I’ve personally decided to move to Ethernet only and carry an external travel router (mine is the GS-iNet Opal) for creating my wireless connection. This way I can connect a combination of wired (i.e. PC) and wireless (i.e. tablet) devices to the CQ at the same time which is not possible with the built in hardware.

Profile photo of alvaroguitarplayer
    alvaroguitarplayer
    Participant

Excellent !!
    I switched to Ethernet and like you I’m carrying my Router but is good to know!

Thanks!

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Shame there isn’t a fail over / override system where plugging/unplugging a Ethernet cable would automatically swap connection. I’m going to tinker wusing an external router then remove it to see if I can easily get to the built in Wi-Fi

Profile photo of Don
    Don
    Participant

What is the use and purpose of the Ethernet port on a CQ18T mixer? Can you use that to connect to a computer DAW?

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Ethernet or WiFi is used to control the mixer with mixpad and 4You apps. Cannot use for DAW/audio transport. Must use USB for interface to DAW

Profile photo of bullmoon
    bullmoon
    Participant

What is the use and purpose of the Ethernet port on a CQ18T mixer? Can you use that to connect to a computer DAW?

The Ethernet port lets you connect to your local network whereas the WIFI port creates its own network that other devices can connect to wirelessly (where no local net is present). Both ports allow for control via the CQ app – no audio passes over the network in either case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.