Insert/Move Scene

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Insert/Move Scene

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sndanddmx sndanddmx 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of IainM
    IainM
    Participant

Two new buttons on the Scene Manager – Insert and Move

Insert saves the current state as a new scene straight after the current scene – available as a SoftKey
    Move requests a scene number and moves the currently selected scene to that new position, shifting the others forward – it’s ok if this is a slow operation it’s not a mid-show activity. Could be nicely done with the rotary.

We get involved with some slightly disorganised theatre – things change and these options have saved a lot of labour for me as they mean I can do most of the work as it happens. Without them it’s going to be notes and a slog, it’s a surprise they’re not here on a much more expensive device and about the only thing I’m missing from my Old Faithful Si.

Profile photo of RTech
    RTech
    Participant

I second this!

Profile photo of StifjeldLyd
    StifjeldLyd
    Participant

This is the one feature i really miss in the SQ. Cheaper mixers from other brands have this, so there is really no reason the SQ should not have this. I would take move/insert scene over rta, lpf, ganging and so much more.

Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

+1
    I would love to have this feature, and also would like to be able to make changes in a group of selected scenes.
    e.g. when an artist asks for some more monitor during his solos (which are in different scenes), you can select the affected scenes, make the change and update the scenes. Saves a lot of time.

Profile photo of GarethHD
    GarethHD
    Participant

+1

Insert, copy, move, drag and drop as per fader layer…

Also agree speed not an issue.

Could we at least have copy and paste so that the name of the scene stays the same? Updating a scene overwrites which makes it very difficult to keep track of…

Also – how about update last parameter change to all scenes (also not time critical)

Profile photo of NikitaSchnitzel
    NikitaSchnitzel
    Participant

+1 for ‘Insert’ function in Scene Manager.
    +1 for ‘Select Multiple’ function in Scene Manager.

Profile photo of hoernix
    hoernix
    Participant

+++1

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of sndanddmx
    sndanddmx
    Participant

Yes, Please!

At least a “Reorder scene” function
    We switched to the SQ when our iLive died. I really miss this function!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.