Surface –> MixRack gigaAce connection problem after 2.0 upgrade

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Surface –> MixRack gigaAce connection problem after 2.0 upgrade

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of tcb.church tcb.church 22 hours, 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tcb.church
    tcb.church
    Participant

System setup:

• DM64 MixRack in a rack backstage, FoH run from a dLive S7000 surface
    • The DM64 is connected to the network and the surface connects to the MixRack using a single gigaAce connection

The rack containing the MixRack, amps and radio mic receivers is powered up first, then the S7000 surface is powered up after the MixRack has started

I’ve just upgraded the dLive firmware from 1.98 to 2.00 and everything related to the upgrade seemed to go OK. However, when the surface is now switched on, it initially fails to connect to the MixRack and displays the dreaded “Surface’s connection to MixRack failed” screen.

This seems only to be a gigaAce problem because I can successfully connect to the MixRack over the network from the dLive Director software.

If I press “Choose MixRack” on the “Connection filed” screen, the MixRack is visible and I can reboot the surface, and everything seems to be stable.

The system logs simply show lots of entries saying “MixRack Internal Error”

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did you find a solution?

Thanks

Chris W

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tcb.church
    tcb.church
    Participant

After downgrading the firmware to 1.98, the surface connects correctly to the MixRack at boot up, but the “MixRack – Internal Error” and “Touch Screen – Internal Error” kept appearing in the logs.

So after 90 minutes on the phone to tech support, it appears that the 2.0 upgrade ***may*** have brought an underlying hardware problem to light.

A&H are analysing the log files to track down the cause of the problem and I’ll know more in a few days

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.