Surface locks after GigaAce disconnect

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Surface locks after GigaAce disconnect

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

A&H,

Observed on 1.7x and 1.80.

System operating, disconnect surface. After about 15-20 seconds you receive the lost communication notification and can “Restart” or “Shut Down”. You have about 30 seconds to respond to that, if you wait then the surface freezes and won’t take any input. Hard power down & recover.

It may sound odd, but one of the environments I run in we do this all the time in competitions. Setup, Warm up, disconnect, roll to contest location (everything on UPS), connect, perform, disconnect, exit field, gracefully power everything down.

A cold boot on a surface is about 1:45, a warm restart is about 1:00.

Jay

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

That’s because the processor is in the mixrack, not the console. If you had an SQ and disconnected the stage box from the SQ, you’d be able to do just what you want since the processor is in the SQ, not the stage box.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Art,

I’m not wanting processing, I know the system very well, and have sq.

When the surface loses its connection it goes to a recovery screen to reboot/reconnect or shutdown.

On 1.50 it could stay on that screen all day and still respond to a shutdown/reboot “touch”.

On 1.70/1.71/1.80 the recovery screen “freezes” after about 30 seconds and no longer accepts a touch.

Jay

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the screen freezes not in all situations
    but I can’t reproduce it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.