Strip Name & Color tab missing in FW1.71??

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Strip Name & Color tab missing in FW1.71??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of abeness abeness 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Hello, all. We’ve just upgraded from iLive to dLive and I’m getting to know the new console (C3500 with CDM48 and Dante card). The 1.70 manual, p69, shows a Name & Color tab on Surface: Control. It is missing from mine in 1.71. I’m logged in as Admin user which can’t have restrictions, and I can’t figure out why. I still have 5 tabs, but DCA Fills is present at the end. How do I get my Name & Color tab back? Screenshot attached. Any ideas? TIA!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it’s under Mixrack

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

but if you need to rename a strip and change the color, why not reading the chapter “Name and Color” on page 51

the tab changed on an early firmware release,
    but the picture totally unrelated to the name and color behavior didn’t changed

Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Thanks for piping up quickly, Steffen, sorry for delay in getting back. p51 refers to renaming a range of channels, not individual channels–which is cool in its own right. Renaming individual strip is on… wait for it… page 6 (first page of content), 1.1.1. The Harmony UI method is easily accessible and no longer subject to that unfortunate bug on the iLive FW where strip selection didn’t carry over when Name & Color button was pressed, and you might end up changing the name of another strip while thinking (b/c the select indicator was lit) that your currently selected channel was the one you were about to rename. I’ll get used to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.