SQ6 + AR2412 + AR84 + AB168

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6 + AR2412 + AR84 + AB168

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bram Bram 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bram
    Bram
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Currently I’m using a single AR2412 with my SQ6 but I want to expand my I/O.

Ideally I want to make 2 seperate racks.
    1 rack with the AR2412 + AR84, and a 2nd rack with the AB168.
    But according to the S-link expansion sheet I think I would need an S-link expansion card in order for this to work?

I’m already using a Dante expansion card so switching to an S-link card is not an option.
    Do I understand it correctly that in this case, for maximum I/O, I would be best off purchasing an AB168 and hooking this up to the expander port of the AR2412?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

That is correct. You can only chain a single device (AB168 or AR84) to the AR2412’s expansion port. If you want additional expansion, you will need to expand on the Dante side of things in your case.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

As Scott wrote, or you could get a DT168 and use that on the Dante besides the AR2412 + Ar84.

Profile photo of Bram
    Bram
    Participant

Thanks, that would be a good solution when 32/16 insn’t enough, didn’t think of that!

Currently I’m only using Dante for recording multitracks.
    Wouldn’t the DT168 have more latency compared to the AR/ AB stageboxes, or is this negligible?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.