SQ5s USB B (sending audio to OBS streaming) reandomly dropped volume.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5s USB B (sending audio to OBS streaming) reandomly dropped volume.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Olive Olive 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Olive
    Olive
    Participant

Hello, I’m having a phenomenon with our SQ board.

Over a year ago, we set up USB B and patched it to the main LR, simple right?
    Next, we added the USB b output to our computer (mac mini).

I also spent a lot of time on my gain structure so that the house could be tuned well, and that the USB received a great signal from the mains so we didn’t have to set up Auxes.

Lastly, in OBS, we increased the DB by +5db (since it was slightly lower in volume on the computer) and we had a perfect mix, smooth sailing every week that I could have done it for free lol.

This has been our setup for a Year, and nothing changed in OBS or the Mixer.
    Today, we started the service and everything was fine, but 7min into the service, the volume from the USB output suddenly dropped so low you could barely hear it. We had no idea what to do or what happened, but we did a quick fix by moving the OBS audio source gain +26db just to get the little OBS green bars back into the yellow.

I’m not quite sure if it’s the computer… OBS… or the sq5, I’m guessing blind at this point and I’m pissed off that this is happening after a year of being flawless.

If there is anything you guys might recommend or know what happened, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

As the drop you saw is approximately 20 dB I would suspect a pad has accidentally been engaged somewhere…

Profile photo of Olive
    Olive
    Participant

Hey, thanks for responding, however, I fixed the issue this morning!
    Out of curiosity, can you explain to me what you mean by “Pad”?

I don’t know how it happened, but I took a look at the i/o Patching for the USB output,
    And the patch was set to Group L Group R!?

I didn’t recall this being the setup, and I remembered that the USB patch was supposed to be on MAIN L MAIN R!
    So I made the switch and boom everything was back to normal.

What I can’t understand is how it changed. To my knowledge, there isn’t anything on the surface that can change or affect the i/o Patching, correct?
    So I can only assume it was a fluke and somehow the patch changed 7min into the service.
    PLUS, I was manning the mixer myself this week, (I also set the whole house up) and I’m very confident with what I do, and I don’t recall doing anything out of the ordinary.

Would still like to hear anyone feedback, as I don’t want it to happen again obviously.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.