SQ5 vs iLive R72 – still worth buying?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions SQ5 vs iLive R72 – still worth buying?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ADriver
    ADriver
    Participant

Hey there,
    I’m looking for a small footprint console for a fixed band setup. We mainly play at festivals and smaller clubs (30 gigs per year).
    I did some great experience with SQ consoles which would fit to budget together with 2 DX168 expander. I’ve also noticed, that there are some old iLive IDR32 racks with R72 surface for sale, which would also fit to my requirements of form factor.

Is an iLive console still worth buying in 2022 and how can I compare it to the SQ series?

Best regards,
    Philipp

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

While I certainly understand the attractiveness of the iLive prices, I wouldn’t want to get one for a working/touring band. A&H discontinued that line years ago when it introduced the DLive and it’s been 7 years since it’s last firmware update. Given how long it has been discontinued, I would be worried about getting support and parts should something break.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.