SQ5 SQ-Drive Not Enabled

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 SQ-Drive Not Enabled

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of corper corper 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of corper
    corper
    Participant

Can’t seem to get SQ Drive working on my SQ5. I have tried different drives and sticks but just get a message saying “SQ-Drive not enabled”.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H
    Profile photo of corper
    corper
    Participant

That’ll be the one then…thanks

Now when I go to I/O page and select USB there is no option for SQ Drive routing.. I.e. if I select channel 1 on the USB tab it removes the patch from channel 1 locally.

KeithJ A&H

Hi @corper,

It sounds like you are patching only to input channels and each input channel can only be sourced from one socket at a time.
    So if you are wanting to use local inputs sockets for the mix, record these to SQ-Drive (or USB-B) and then possibly patch these back to input channels for playback here are a couple of pointers:

For recording, source inputs from the local channels, you can then use Direct Outputs to route outputs from some point in the signal path (by Global Direct Out source) to USB output sockets.
    For playback, store the local inputs as an input channel patch library (press library key when in ‘I/O > Inputs > Input Channel’) then re-patch USB (input sockets now) to your input processing channels and store as another library. This way, your ‘live’ or ‘recording’ patch can be quickly switched to your ‘playback’ patch quickly without re-patching each time.

There are a few other settings, and you could also use Tie Lines to route input sockets directly to USB for recording too, but the main concept here is that you have 32 output sockets for USB and a separate 32 input sockets that you can make use of.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of corper
    corper
    Participant

Sorry but from watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0lYSty1uLY&t=52s at 40s there is a “USB Source” button on the screen which I don’t see, has this been removed in updates?

The video seems to suggest that this selection would sort the routing for the SQ Drive only and not affect the local routing?

Not sure if I am confusing myself her or not but seems a very long winded execution for recording to sq drive. I can understand using tie lines etc for larger multitrack recordings but thought SQ Drive was supposed to be a quick recording option for up to 16ch, plug and go so to speak.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

can you post a picture of your paching screen?

KeithJ A&H

Hi @corper,

As of V1.5, the USB mode switch now sits alongside the USB SRC option in the ‘Setup > Audio > USB’ screen, as linked to in the initial reply.
    This makes more sense now that we have the two settings (mode and SRC), and allowed us to add the safe patching button in I/O screen.

SQ-Drive is a quick way to record!
    If you just want to record multiple channels (it’s actually up to 32 now if you’re running USB at 48kHz):

Switch to SQ-Drive mode.
    Patch the channels you want to record from Direct Outputs to USB in the I/O screen.
    Start recording.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of corper
    corper
    Participant

Hi @KeithJ_A&H

Thanks for your replies the video confused me somewhat, all sorted now.

I apologise for coming across ungrateful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.