SQ5 Specs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 Specs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattW
    MattW
    Participant

Hi,
    I am considering SQ5/SQ6 for our church. Would like to get more info.

1. How many mix busses are supported? We plan to have quite few number of in ear monitors. We could use personal mixers but would like to contain cost so would like to use as many mix busses as possible before going to personal mixers.

2. How many stage boxes are supported? The info mentions just two stage boxes. We were considering smaller stage boxes (AR84 or AB168) and place them on multiple spots on the stage.

3. Would the combination of Dante Stage box (DT168) and non dante stage boxes (like AR2412, AR84) can be used to increase the number of stage boxes?

4. How many Dante stage boxes can be supported?
    5. Does the Dante stage box (DT168) have an app to control its preamps? Or it can be controlled only from the console.

Thanks and Regards
    Matt

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

1.) twelve, each of them can be configured as mono or stereo bus, but the maximum is twelve.
    2.) it depends on the type of the stageboxes. Please read the SLink connection document carefully (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SLinkConnections_V1_5_0.pdf). For Dante stageboxes the maximum would depend on your network configurion. But keep in mind that there are limitations in the amount of concurrent sockets available on the remote ports, SLink max 128 and Dante max 64.
    3.) yes
    4.) see answer of 2.)
    5.) yes,for windows and macos.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’ll just add that if you are looking for non-Dante stage boxes for the SQ series, I would really suggest you look at the DX168 or GX4816 and not the AR242 or AR84. The AR series are 48khz boxes really designed for the QU series. The DX and GX series are 96khz stageboxes and have the same preamps that are available in the DLive stuff, so they are better sounding than the AR stuff.

Profile photo of MattW
    MattW
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
    Do DCAs and Matrix busses come off the 12 mixes or the 12 are pure aux outs? What about subwoofer and monitor outs? Do they come off the 12 or are they part of the mains out?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

You have independently:
    8 DCA Groups
    1 Main Bus
    3 Matrix Busses (that can be Mono or Stereo)
    12 Mixbusses, that can be Auxes or Groups. It´s up to you, how you divide it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MattW
    MattW
    Participant

Thanks for the info.
    Is there an option to route the headphone out to XLR outs? On Yamaha TF3, we use the feature with ipad mixing. The XLR outs goes to IEM system and the operator mixing on ipad will have access to all the CUEs on the IEM headset.

Profile photo of MattW
    MattW
    Participant

Question on 12 Stereo AUX: When used in stereo mode, does it require 24 XLR outputs (2 for each mix) ? Or does it mean 12 XLRs, cutting it down just to 6 mixes?
    Thanks
    Matheos

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You need another set of outputs… DX ex-panders or something similar
    the SQ5 has 12XLR outs the SQ6 14 and the SQ7 16 and there are 2 jack outputs and an AES3 output

Everything I/O

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

cutting it down just to 6 mixes?

As I wrote before you will always have the maximum of 12 aux mixes, either mono or stereo, but always 12 mixes. But then you cannot use subgroups because aux mixes and subgroups are sharing the 12 mixbusses. But nevertheless you need some stageboxes to extend the number of output sockets.

Profile photo of MattW
    MattW
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Is there an option to route the headphone out to XLR outs? On Yamaha TF3, we use the feature with ipad mixing. The XLR outs goes to IEM system and the operator mixing on ipad will have access to all the CUEs on the IEM headset.

You can patch the PAFL output to any output, I’ve done that and used an IEM so I have PFL when mixing via an iPad.

Or you could make up and adapter cable to go from the headphone out to the IEM transmitter input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.