Sq5 in monitor

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq5 in monitor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jb07 jb07 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

I would like to use my console as a monitor and record my master on a recorder:

-I send the files via usb to the console, I make my EQ settings … while listening to everything on my monitoring speakers connected to MainLR.
    -I connect the Zoom recorder to aux9 / 10.
    -I put the console in “Listen Level” mode (red LR button)
    -I patch my 9/10 outputs in RL listen

it works but if I lower the MainLR volume to lower the listening volume, it also lowers the recording level.

How to have a level of recording independent of the mainLR?

Thank you

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi jb07,

do ypu connect your zoom to output 9/10? Or do you use an Aux Bus to send to record?

You could set output 11/12 as Main LR output and record from those. Your monitor speakers should be connected to output 9/10 if you use them as Listen L/R Bus…

Or you use a stereo matrix for listen level.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

Hi, Andre

my zoom is connected to 9/10.
    I wish I could turn down the volume on my monitors (mainLR 11/12) without lowering the zoom recording level.
    I tried to switch to monitor mode in the “role” menu but I understand even less!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@jbo7

Can you record from a matrix out?

What about PAFL settings.
    wont they let you diddle LR out levels but not change your recording level?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

What is output 9/10 patched to? Main LR as well?
    You could connect your monitors to output 9/10 and patch them to Matrix 1. (see picture attached) That Matrix-Level is now controlling your monitors and not your zoom recorder, that is connected to output 11/12.
    Don´t forget to set matrix 1 to stereo (see picture 2) and send Main LR to Matrix 1 (see picture 3).

Hope the helps!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

thank you for the information, it works but I had to put the Matrix 1 in “PRE” so that it is not slaved to the Master LR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.