SQ5 Firmware Update

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 Firmware Update

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Rob 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

I am quite Sure that SQ is the Problem…

Profile photo of Shifterto
    Shifterto
    Participant

My MacBook Pro will not unzip the firmware update. What do I have to do to update the firmware without unzipping the file.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

You need a window machine. Format the Stick in SQ, then extract needed files with windows to that stick. If you use Mac, the update will fail.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I have updated my SQ6 more than a few times using a Mac to load the SQ formatted stick and have never had an issue of any sort. Maybe just lucky?

D.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Read the posts… there are at least some people reporting problems…

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

Please check to see if the issue can be explained by the following article – https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/20728166240657-Allen-Heath-website-download-unpacking-in-MacOS
    If not, please contact us through support.allen-heath.com as there shouldn’t be any problems with unpacking/copying the firmware update to a drive using macOS so we would obviously like to get to the bottom of what’s going on!

Thanks,
    Keith.

tourtelot
    Participant

Tobi. I never said no one is having issues. I said I was not having issues. That is different than “If you use Mac, the update will fail.”

My statement was factual. Your statement was not.

D.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Youre right… Sorry!

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

Tourtelot,

Would you mind telling us what version of MacOS you are using? I was able to update the firmware before but now in Monterey I can’t read the SQ formatted thumb drive.

Thanks,
    Rob

tourtelot
    Participant

I am running OSX 10.15.7, Catalina, on all my 2012 MBPs.

D.

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

Thanks for replying with the details.

It must be the older version of the macOS that is giving you the success. I’m 12.6.3 and can’t read any thumb drive formatted by a SQ sound board. Borrowed a Windows laptop last night and it promptly read the thumb drive. I wonder if this means there is no support for the newer macOS and the SQ boards.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.