"SQ-PAC"

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yann Yann 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott180
    Scott180
    Participant

Why is there no rack mount options for SQ like the QU-PAC? I would buy that now if it was available. For me the one thing missing on the QU-PAC is a slot for option cards.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It’s been discussed many times on the forum. I agree that a rack style SQ unit would be a welcome addition to the A&H lineup of consoles.

Profile photo of Alex_Petrov_59
    Alex_Petrov_59
    Participant
    Profile photo of Kingrazor
    Kingrazor
    Participant

All I want is a device with a 16×16 USB interface and either an SLink or GigaAce interface. Or even better, an option card slot that can accept SQ option cards. For less than the cost of an SQ-5. I don’t even need any analog I/O.

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Very good with SQ-PAC.

It is a 96kHz operation after all.
    CDM and DM series do not have 32ch USB-I/O. But SQ has it.
    SQ can also share I/O with DanteCard at 96kHz.

Profile photo of TobiVI
    TobiVI
    Participant

I’ll also chime in with a request for an ‘SQ-PAC’.

My need is for a road in-ear monitoring rack system. The Behringer X32 rack unit is eating everyone’s lunch in this market space, but you need their stage box too if you want to have stereo signals for more that 3 performers. The QU-PAC only has 3 stereo aux busses, which takes it out of contention for a pro, stereo IEM road system for full bands. So a SQ Rack with its native 12 outputs makes a simple but powerful solution with the added benefits of the SQ line including, as mentioned, various IO interface cards to send splits to FOH without using copper multicore. A product like a SQ-PAC would easily win in the pro IEM road system market.

I am hoping an SQ-PAC is in the works!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

but you need their stage box too if you want to have stereo signals for more that 3 performers.

Why? The X32 Rack comes with 14 outputs, that means up to 7 stereo Mixes are possible.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

My need is for a road in-ear monitoring rack system. The Behringer X32 rack unit is eating everyone’s lunch in this market space, but you need their stage box too if you want to have stereo signals for more that 3 performers. The QU-PAC only has 3 stereo aux busses, which takes it out of contention for a pro, stereo IEM road system for full bands. So a SQ Rack with its native 12 outputs makes a simple but powerful solution with the added benefits of the SQ line including, as mentioned, various IO interface cards to send splits to FOH without using copper multicore. A product like a SQ-PAC would easily win in the pro IEM road system market.

How many stereo IEM mixes do you need?

With a QU Pac you could get five stereo mixes.
    The L R out could be a mix and on the QU series the groups can be switched to become a stereo aux/mix. To get the additional aux/mix out you can assign it to the ALT OUT.

Actually you could get six stereo mix outs if you could use the AES output.

With a stage box you could get eight stereo mixes and additional input channels as well.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.